Sales Executive will work closely with both PE Sales Manager and Product Manager and the PE sales team to develop and implement sales strategies, sales plans and product & pricing strategy. The role will also cover long-term contract (LTC) negotiation.
CNOOC and Shell Petrochemicals Company (CSPC) Limited has been established as a Chinese Foreign Equity Joint Venture Company on 28 December 2000. It has built and now operates a USD4.1 billion world-scale petrochemicals complex in Daya Bay, Huizhou, Guangdong. It is one of the largest capital investments for a Sino-foreign joint venture project to date in the People’s Republic of China. In 2016 agreement was reached between the partners to expand CSPC more than doubling the production capacity with the addition of a 1.2 Million Ton/Year Ethylene per year creating an additional 4.0 Million Tons/Year of petrochemical products (C2).
The partners are Shell Nanhai B.V., a member of the Royal Dutch Shell, with a 50 per cent stake, and CNOOC Petrochemicals Investment Company Limited (CPIL), also with 50 per cent. CPIL is owned by China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) (90%) and Guangdong Guangye Investment Group Company Limited (10%).
The CSPC petrochemicals complex incorporates the world’s most advanced technologies and utilizes modern management systems and international standards in the design, construction and operation of the complex. Its adoption of 13 patents through international bidding ensures it operates on the cutting edge of technology. The majority of its process units are world-scale. Additionally CSPC applies the principles of sustainable development throughout the design, construction and operation of the complex, demonstrating its strong commitment to the community and the environment.
1. Sales: Contribute to the development and be directly involved in implementation of pricing, sales volume, market share, customers portfolios for the product area in line with the agreed product strategy and associated sales plans.
2. Market Development: Participates in the gathering of market and competitor intelligence which will contribute to an understanding of key competitors’ strategies.
3. Negotiate sales contracts including pricing and commercial terms for customers and applications in the area.
4. Handles after sales service including resolving technical, application and HSE issues as well as customer complaints.
5. Assist product manager in building procedures and systems from scratch in order to achieve ‘best in class’ processes which gives the company a competitive edge.
6. Readiness and ability to build bridges between internationally accepted business practice and the local business culture without compromising business principles is required.
Qualifications & Experience
1. A minimum BS degree or equivalent and minimum 3 years marketing/sales experience in the Polyolefins industry.
2. Experience with polyethylene, LDPE and HDPE, is an advantage. Experience working in a foreign or J/V Company is a plus.
3. Good communicator and interpersonal skills.
4. Able to communicate in English, verbally as well as in writing.
Estimated on-boarding date: Aug 31th,2017