1. Responsible for maintaining the instrument equipment and facilities in the process units to the required operational safety and efficiency by providing technical support in terms of carrying repair, modify and rectify systems and components faults in accordance with the organisations’ procedures and specifications as well as guiding junior maintenance technicians in their development.
2. The incumbent is expected to participate to carry out the emergency response procedures of the complex and to perform other duties as and when required.
CNOOC and Shell Petrochemicals Company (CSPC) Limited has been established as a Chinese Foreign Equity Joint Venture Company on 28 December 2000. It has built and now operates a USD4.1 billion world-scale petrochemicals complex in Daya Bay, Huizhou, Guangdong. It is one of the largest capital investments for a Sino-foreign joint venture project to date in the People’s Republic of China. In 2016 agreement was reached between the partners to expand CSPC more than doubling the production capacity with the addition of a 1.2 Million Ton/Year Ethylene per year creating an additional 4.0 Million Tons/Year of petrochemical products (C2).
The partners are Shell Nanhai B.V., a member of the Royal Dutch Shell, with a 50 per cent stake, and CNOOC Petrochemicals Investment Company Limited (CPIL), also with 50 per cent. CPIL is owned by China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) (90%) and Guangdong Guangye Investment Group Company Limited (10%).
The CSPC petrochemicals complex incorporates the world’s most advanced technologies and utilizes modern management systems and international standards in the design, construction and operation of the complex. Its adoption of 13 patents through international bidding ensures it operates on the cutting edge of technology. The majority of its process units are world-scale. Additionally CSPC applies the principles of sustainable development throughout the design, construction and operation of the complex, demonstrating its strong commitment to the community and the environment.
1. Observe all safety, health and environmental standards in the plants and ensure all work practices are carried in accordance to the specified requirements.
2. Have working knowledge on the procedures in the Permit-To-Work system.
3. Have a working knowledge on the use of Computerised Maintenance Management System.
B. Plant Instruments
1. Isolation and re-energising of instrument power to control elements in accordance to given diagrams & procedures.
2. Installation and maintenance of flow instruments and sensors, level instruments, pressure instruments, temperature devices, final control elements valves & positioners, gas and flame detectors and auxiliary instruments such as vibration probes, limit switches, load cells, etc.
3. Skilled in the use of measuring or calibrating tools/instruments such as multimeter, voltage tester, electronic oscilloscope, etc.
4. Perform routine preventive maintenance of instrument systems and equipment such as meter proving, calibration checks, cleaning of sensors, etc.
C. Instrument Systems
1. Have working knowledge on the basic control principles, flow, level, pressure and temperature measurements, distributed control systems, tank inventory system, earthing protection and instrument protective system etc.
2. Installation and maintenance of uninterrupted power supply system, cable laying, trenching and trunk, concreting and paving.
3. Assist Instrument Engineer in maintenance of equipment in control loops, fault detections and loop checks.
Qualifications & Experience
1. Educational background:
A relevant qualification from technical college and above.
2. Work experience:
Minimum 5 years oil or petrochemical maintenance experience.
Previous working experience in a JV environment would be an advantage.
3. Language proficiency:
Able to communicate English at working level.
4. PC skills:
Proficient in PC skills.
1. Educational background: A relevant qualification from technical college and above.
2. Work experience:
• Minimum 3 years oil or petrochemical maintenance experience.
• Previous working experience in a JV environment would be an advantage.
3. Language proficiency: Able to communicate English at working level.
4. PC skills: Proficient in PC skills.