The position will work in CM Polyols Technical Service Lab located in C1/C2 QC lab building to provide test data for all kinds of PU products.
CNOOC and Shell Petrochemicals Company (CSPC) Limited has been established as a Chinese Foreign Equity Joint Venture Company on 28 December 2000. It has built and now operates a USD4.1 billion world-scale petrochemicals complex in Daya Bay, Huizhou, Guangdong. It is one of the largest capital investments for a Sino-foreign joint venture project to date in the People’s Republic of China. In 2016 agreement was reached between the partners to expand CSPC more than doubling the production capacity with the addition of a 1.2 Million Ton/Year Ethylene per year creating an additional 4.0 Million Tons/Year of petrochemical products (C2).
The partners are Shell Nanhai B.V., a member of the Royal Dutch Shell, with a 50 per cent stake, and CNOOC Petrochemicals Investment Company Limited (CPIL), also with 50 per cent. CPIL is owned by China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) (90%) and Guangdong Guangye Investment Group Company Limited (10%).
The CSPC petrochemicals complex incorporates the world’s most advanced technologies and utilizes modern management systems and international standards in the design, construction and operation of the complex. Its adoption of 13 patents through international bidding ensures it operates on the cutting edge of technology. The majority of its process units are world-scale. Additionally CSPC applies the principles of sustainable development throughout the design, construction and operation of the complex, demonstrating its strong commitment to the community and the environment.
1. Responsible for the management & maintenance of CM Polyols Technical Service lab equipment’s and facilities.
2. Develop CM Polyols TS lab’s purchase plan for spare parts, chemical reagent and consumable.
3. Test slab foam/HR foam/CASE product physical properties using Universal tester and other instruments.
4. Operate continuous foam machine and high pressure molding machine with the support of application engineers.
5. Coordinate with C1 QC lab to handle customer complaints related to polyols/PO/MPG quality
6. Support sales liaise with MF to deal with MPGU customer quality audit on site
7. Be a focal point to contact with 3rd party testing company(SGS,ITS.etc.) for special analysis raised by customer
8. Prepare polyols/MPGU trial sample for customer and follow up the feedback
9. Propose change of product specification when necessary. Coordinate other related function parties to update PO&D Spec in SAP and LIMS.
Qualifications & Experience
1. Educational background:
• University degree in chemistry or chemical engineering.
2. Work experience:
• Minimum 5 years of working experience at chemical technical center or laboratory
• Good experience in polymer properties testing and operating other chemical lab instruments.
• Have a basic knowledge for maintaining equipment is preferred
3. Language proficiency:
• Willing and able to communicate in English, including writing reports.
4. PC skills:
• Proficient in PC skills.
Estimated on-boarding date:July 1st, 2017.