This position is to provide technical support and technical standards to C2 operation during C2 startup. Replicate and promote CSPC technology management process and best practices in C2.
1. Operating costs around 1.0 billion RMB/a;
2. Project sum amounting to 22.8 billion RMB;
3. Products and capacity: product ethylene: 1,200kta; product propylene: 570 kta;
4. Number of production plant: 11, including LOP, EO/EG, phenol& acetone, butanol & octanol, SMPO,POD LLDPE, HDPE, PP, BDT and utility.
1. Builds constructive working relationships with operation team;
2. Seeks and values diverse input from different discipline engineers;
3. Participates / Leads taskforce, multi-disciplinary teams for specific projects.
1. Trouble shooting;
2. Technical proposal and optimization for improvement, including operation, MOC and projects;
3. Incident root cause analysis and recommendation.
1. Define and engineer improvements (MOC and project) in new and existing processes, equipment and systems, including new facilities in LOP.
• Determine the economics of the proposal.
• Ensure adherence to plant changes / projects budget, timing, standards and project documentation.
• Contribute to the preparatory work of technical studies (HAZOP, HEMP, IPF, PSSR, RCA, …); participate in technical audits and study teams to provide process and engineering input
• Ensure technical assurance of the proposed changes (stage gate / challenge sessions).
• Provide engineering input to develop guidelines for operation within the design envelop of the process and equipment.
2. Provides technology support to the plant teams. Proactive monitoring of the process units and determines the effects of process deviations and equipment performance from stated design conditions on the equipment reliability and develops/proposes corrective actions. Monitoring of catalyst performance. Captures and reports process data through regular monitoring and shares/reviews these data with the integrated plant teams.
3. Supports the plant engineers / operators for complex “troubleshooting” activities, to ensure and improve process integrity, and plant reliability. Lead multi-disciplinary troubleshooting teams.
4. Initiates and coordinates proposals for technology development programs and contributes to the advancement of new technologies in the processes.
5. Focal point for complex Laboratory / Product Quality issues.
6. Develops, validates and maintains variable cost models of the plants. Provides advise on unit optimisation
7. Supports the Unit Managers for the prioritisation and budget control of plant changes and projects (safety, operability and low cost first, then profitability).
8. Provide and help coordinate the process technology/process engineering input into plant changes and projects. Act as initiator for such changes and follow them through to implementation.
9. Demonstrate a strong capability to analyse issues and identifying the best solutions for complex problems.
10. Demonstrate good interpersonal skills in working together with other technologists and staff in LOP and across the site, with well-developed influencing skills for peers and management.
11. Train and teach, ensuring that knowledge is passed on and competencies developed in the unit teams.
Qualifications & Experience
1. Educational background: Have thorough chemical engineering / process technology knowledge at an academic level, achieved either by formal education, or by extensive on-the-job-learning and training. This includes mathematics, thermodynamics, (organic) chemistry, heat and mass transfer (heat transfer equipment), reaction engineering, separation technology, fluid dynamics (pressure surge, hammering, vibration analysis) and materials of construction.
2. Work experience: Has thorough knowledge of one process area in LOP, Butadiene extraction unit, Pygas Hydrotreator and Benzene extraction unit.
3. Language proficiency: English level CET>6 or equivalent.
4. PC skills: IT literate, Proficient in Excel. Basic knowledge of flowsheeting (Aspen+, Pro2Col) and ODS.
This is a temporary position, with estimated 12 months duration. Estimated report before 31 July 2017.