1. To deliver quality front end project development for ideas and opportunities in CSPC.
2. Ensure that all plant changes and opportunities in CSPC adhered to project governance.
Total portfolio of projects (C1 + C2) in any year could range from 100M RMB to 200 M RMB. The job holder has the joint accountability with PDL to deliver front end project development for these plant changes and projects.
1. The job holder is responsible to ensure that a quality front end loading of a project (scope definition) is carried out. He or she is responsible for progressing a project from Screening, Identify, Assess, Concept Select, Define, right up to presenting the Investment Proposal at Final Investment Decisions.
2. The job holder should ensure that the front-end development of a project is carried out as per CSPC project governance. If a deviation is needed, approval shall be sought as per project governance.
3. Working together with the Project Manager, the job holder will support the Business Opportunity Manager (BOM) to ensure that the project has a realistic schedule and sufficient budget for execution, especially when making investment proposal during the FID (Final Investment Decision) session
4. The job holder will support the BOM to screen ideas or opportunities to ensure that only good quality, profitable, feasible and realizable opportunities are progressed.
5. The job holder is responsible to deliver feasibility study report and +/-30% cost estimate at the Initiative Management (IM) decision gate in order to help IM Committee to make informed decisions whether to progress the opportunities.
6. The job holder is accountable for the quality of deliverables at the IM. A close interface needs to be maintained with BOM to ensure consistency of information between BIP and IM as the BOM is the custodian of BIP.
7. Support the BOM to identify and manage risks (both technical and non-technical) associated with projects
8. Ensure that HAZID and HAZOP are carried out for opportunities before progressing to FID.
9. The job holder is responsible to deliver BDEP and +/-10% cost estimate at the FID gate in order to help FID/AFC Committee make informed decisions whether to progress the opportunities.
10. The job holder supports the BOM in making sure that the opportunities/ideas submitted for Business Planning are of high quality cost estimate and clear scope, as per project governance requirements.
11. The job holder should work closely together with Project Manager at the Define stage, i.e. before the FID to ensure alignment is achieved for producing realistic schedule and budgets of projects.
12. The job holder is accountable to have a quality and comprehensive handover with the Project Manager after the opportunities are approved at FID decision gate.
13. The job holder needs to work closely with MFT, Operations, Discipline Engineers, Maintenance and HSE in executing the front-end loading of the project.
14. Able to network with project personnel both inside and outside of CSPC and learn the best practice in project management, especially in front-end loading.
15. Coach and instil awareness among CSPC technologists, Operations and Discipline Engineers on the best practice of what constitute a good front-end loading in projects.
16. Support BOM/PDL in conducting Opportunity Framing Workshop where applicable.
Qualifications & Experience
1. Educational background: Degree in Engineering
2. The candidate should have the skill of co-ordination and facilitation
3. The candidate should have strong influencing skills to deliver various front-end studies (Feasibility, Conceptual Design, BDEP, BoD)
4. Pragmatic but yet adhere to project governance to ensure CSPC has minimal exposure to risk during the delivery of the opportunities and execution of projects.
5. Strong presentation skills
6. A candidate with Process Engineering or Technology background will be a great advantage
7. Work experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the oil, gas or petrochemical plants with exposure to project management, especially in front-end loading, feasibility studies, Basis of Design and BDEP.
8. Language proficiency: Good proficiency in English and Mandarin.
9. PC skills: Proficient in PC skills.
Estimated on board before 31 July 2017.