Assist in achieving a safe and smooth commissioning and Start-up of the C2 Units by coaching and transferring knowledge and experience to permanent operational staff of C2 ORCSU.
Production：C2= 1.2 M TPA
Interfaces：Production Operators - Downstream/Utilities/Storage and Loading, Maintenance team, Scheduler, Programming/Planning, Laboratory support, Technology
The short term role in the ORCSU team executes commissioning, start-up and initial operation in MFLO2 Unit. Other areas as required (e.g., support project engineering activities, training support, causal investigations, continuous improvement efforts, lessons learnt documentation, etc.). More specifically this may include supporting:
• Assist in the training & coaching of shift supervisors and team members during a period of high intensity and many non-routine activities.
• Promote a safety performance culture by ensuring the production facility is kept within the operating envelope and maintained in a manner that meets the performance standards (e.g., ESP, SAP PM, PTW, PQD, etc.).
• Assist in the safe and efficient commissioning and start-up of the MFLO2 Unit facilities.
• Respond to any process emergency situation under the direction of the Shift Supervisor and Site Shift Supervisor to provide first-line emergency response in accordance with the emergency procedures.
• Report or communicate any abnormal condition or potential equipment failure that could cause unsafe operation or off spec product quality and ensure the shift team takes effective action.
• Perform the necessary activities during start-up, shutdown and emergency response according to the instructions and approved procedures as instructed by the shift supervisor.
• Support improving instructions and procedures to continuously improve operations excellence.
• Support updating relevant logs during their shift period to ensure an accurate and comprehensive communication to their relief.
• Support to troubleshoot abnormalities across the C2 facility.
Qualifications & Experience
• Significant experience (>15 years) with commissioning and operating Unit MFLO2 facilities.
• Thorough knowledge and operational experience of Unit MFLO2 facilities in which the vacancy exists.
• Solid experience with proven competence in both field and control room technician roles.
• Proven track record of managing many stakeholders from different cultures.
• Enterprise first mindset
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to speak Chinese would be a preference
• A significant contribution to deliver world-scale operations where success is of importance in terms of CSPC‘s reputation
• Complex C2 processing facility that incorporates Storage & Off-loading and Process/Utilities operations in one integrated facility of unheard of dimensions.
• The C2 operational teams lack deep experience, hence coaching skills are important.
• High degree of cross discipline influencing, team building, activity coordination, and interfaces across a broad range of business areas.
• Proactively share best practices from other sites and help build new knowledge into existing systems.
• High coaching ability required to quickly adapt to new setting, understand different backgrounds and value differences, and ability to build upon existing ways of working.
• Quickly familiarize with C2 design and specifications that are based on GB standards and Shell PSBR’s.
It is expected this role is undertaken with reference to the CSPC Leadership Attributes, the Behavioural Imperatives and the ‘“Case-For-Action” principles. These principles have been developed to guide our behaviours in the performance of our work:
• Systematic approach: clear job aims, plan, do, review
• Continually Improve our Performance to become a world-class organisation
• Leadership at all Levels
• Operational excellence
• Care & Ownership in support of a flawless start-up
• Open & Honest Communication
ESTIMATED ON BOARD DATE: 31st July, 2017.