Serves as direct line support of application maintenance and support for Shared Services.
CNOOC and Shell Petrochemicals Company (CSPC) Limited has been established as a Chinese Foreign Equity Joint Venture Company on 28 December 2000. It has built and now operates a USD4.1 billion world-scale petrochemicals complex in Daya Bay, Huizhou, Guangdong. It is one of the largest capital investments for a Sino-foreign joint venture project to date in the People’s Republic of China. In 2016 agreement was reached between the partners to expand CSPC more than doubling the production capacity with the addition of a 1.2 Million Ton/Year Ethylene per year creating an additional 4.0 Million Tons/Year of petrochemical products (C2).
The partners are Shell Nanhai B.V., a member of the Royal Dutch Shell, with a 50 per cent stake, and CNOOC Petrochemicals Investment Company Limited (CPIL), also with 50 per cent. CPIL is owned by China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) (90%) and Guangdong Guangye Investment Group Company Limited (10%).
The CSPC petrochemicals complex incorporates the world’s most advanced technologies and utilizes modern management systems and international standards in the design, construction and operation of the complex. Its adoption of 13 patents through international bidding ensures it operates on the cutting edge of technology. The majority of its process units are world-scale. Additionally CSPC applies the principles of sustainable development throughout the design, construction and operation of the complex, demonstrating its strong commitment to the community and the environment.
1. Participant in designing / implementation the CSPC-wide IT Back Office project, including setting, harmonizing and enforcing IT infrastructure standards.
2. Coordination with other IT support or third party technical support to ensure end-to-end resolution of the escalated problem.
3. Identify & leverage infrastructure opportunities to provide IT infrastructure support & advice to contribute to business growth
4. Participate in infrastructure policies, standards, security, and management processes, service levels, procedures and disaster recovery.
5. Work on Back Office incidents for a specific functional area for a defined set of critical Back Office systems
6. Has a basic understanding of the company business environment.
7. In-depth understanding of Back Office systems supporting the corporate business.
8. Carries out in-depth applied research generally within a defined area and within clearly defined boundaries.
9. Analyses Back Office requirements, applying advanced tools and techniques.
10. Perspective varies from forecast needs to immediate business systems problems.
11. Analyses the system life cycle to determine the business, documentation, interface, training requirements.
12. Good understanding of the system flow of Back Office systems in support of shared infrastructure and business systems.
13. Contributes to project planning/scheduling.
14. Does the detail planning and minor scheduling.
15. Carries out detailed sizing and estimating for project segments.
16. Undertakes detailed sizing tasks - estimating resources, timing, equipment and documenting alternatives.
17. Creates high level design.
18. Design solutions to Back Office or technological problems within the established framework.
19. In some cases designs are carried through to development and implementation.
20. This position is accountable for their success, under their general guidance of the Project Leader.
Qualifications & Experience
1. Educational background:
• Preferably an IT education at degree level
2. Work experience:
• Two to four years of Back Office implementation and support experience are essential.
• Willingness to work in a multicultural team with members of various background and experiences
• Ability to work independently govern by a set of change management process
• Experience with Service Level Agreements
3. Language proficiency:
• Effective communication skills – fluent in both spoken and written English.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
4. IT skills:
• Sound understanding of the system life cycle, and knowledge of telecom, network, infrastructure related standards, best practices and infrastructure management system software and Project Management
• Needs the skills for conceptual thinking, for structural analysis and for problem determination.
Estimated on-boarding date:Aug 31th,2017