Sales Executive will work closely with both Sales Manager and Product Manager and the sales team to develop and implement sales strategies, sales plans and product & pricing strategy. The role will also cover long-term contract (LTC) negotiation.
CNOOC and Shell Petrochemicals Company (CSPC) Limited has been established as a Chinese Foreign Equity Joint Venture Company on 28 December 2000. It has built and now operates a USD4.1 billion world-scale petrochemicals complex in Daya Bay, Huizhou, Guangdong. It is one of the largest capital investments for a Sino-foreign joint venture project to date in the People’s Republic of China. In 2016 agreement was reached between the partners to expand CSPC more than doubling the production capacity with the addition of a 1.2 Million Ton/Year Ethylene per year creating an additional 4.0 Million Tons/Year of petrochemical products (C2).
The partners are Shell Nanhai B.V., a member of the Royal Dutch Shell, with a 50 per cent stake, and CNOOC Petrochemicals Investment Company Limited (CPIL), also with 50 per cent. CPIL is owned by China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) (90%) and Guangdong Guangye Investment Group Company Limited (10%).
The CSPC petrochemicals complex incorporates the world’s most advanced technologies and utilizes modern management systems and international standards in the design, construction and operation of the complex. Its adoption of 13 patents through international bidding ensures it operates on the cutting edge of technology. The majority of its process units are world-scale. Additionally CSPC applies the principles of sustainable development throughout the design, construction and operation of the complex, demonstrating its strong commitment to the community and the environment.
1. Achieve agreed sales targets.
2. Negotiate weekly spot sales contracts and develop good customer relationships to secure and maintain a competitive presence in the responsible areas and customers.
3. Expand the customer base in the responsible areas and keep optimizing the customer portfolio in line with corresponding products’ sales strategy
4. Enhance the LTC customer relationship if any and ensure LTC customer performance in line with the agreed target
5. Contribute to an understanding of key competitor strategy by participating in gathering market and competitor intelligence and marketing strategy adjustment by gathering particular application information
6. Liaise closely with CSC to ensure on-time delivery/shipment to responsible customers within agreed time frame.
7. Handle after sales service including helping resolve technical, application and HSE issues as well as customer complaint.
8. Ensure HSE and product stewardship compliance with laws and company policies.
Qualifications & Experience
1. Educational background:
• A minimum of Bachelor degree or equivalent.
2. Work experience:
• Minimum 3 years commercial experience in petrochemical industry.
• Experience with Polyolefins products is an advantage.
• Previous working experience in a foreign company or a J/V or a trading company is a plus.
3. Language proficiency:
• Able to communicate in English and Mandarin verbally as well as in writing. Cantonese is a plus advantage.
4. PC skills:
• Competent in Microsoft Office.
Estimated on-boarding date:Jul 31th, 2017