This SMPO technologist will work as part of the SMPO technology team. This team has accountabilities which include This SMPO technologist will work as part of the SMPO technology team. This team has accountabilities which include improving the overall results and competitive advantage of the SMPO plant of CSPC in terms of process safety, reliability, costs and environmental performances.
CNOOC and Shell Petrochemicals Company Limited has been established as a Chinese Foreign Equity Joint Venture Company on 28 December 2000. It has built and now operates a USD4.1 billion world-scale petrochemicals complex in Daya Bay, Huizhou, Guangdong. It is one of the largest capital investments for a Sino-foreign joint venture project to date in the People’s Republic of China.
The partners are Shell Nanhai B.V., a member of the Royal Dutch Shell, with a 50 per cent stake, and CNOOC Petrochemicals Investment Company Limited (CPIL), also with 50 per cent. CPIL is owned by China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) (90%) and Guangdong Guangye Investment Group Company Limited (10%).
The CSPC petrochemicals complex incorporates the world’s most advanced technologies and utilizes modern management systems and international standards in the design, construction and operation of the complex. Its adoption of 13 patents through international bidding ensures it operates on the cutting edge of technology. The majority of its process units are world-scale. Additionally CSPC applies the principles of sustainable development throughout the design, construction and operation of the complex, demonstrating its strong commitment to the community and the environment.
The current vacancy is for the role of Technologist in SMPO.
Technologist will support safe, reliable and low cost operations of the SMPO by defining and engineering technological improvements of the existing processes, equipment and systems.
1. Define and engineer improvements (MOC and project) in new and existing processes, equipment and systems, including new facilities in SMPO.
• Develop and evaluate benefits of the proposal ( economic, or HSE) versus alternatives.
• Ensure adherence to plant changes / projects budget, timing, standards and project documentation.
• Contribute to the preparatory work of technical studies (HAZOP, HEMP, IPF,PSSR,RCA, …); participate in technical audits and study teams to provide process and engineering input
• Ensure technical assurance of the proposed changes (stage gate / challenge sessions).
• Provide engineering input to develop guidelines for operation within the design envelop of the process and equipment:
2. Provides technology support to the SMPO plant team, day to day and long term trends. Determines the effects of process deviations and equipment performance from design conditions on equipment reliability and develops/proposes corrective actions. Captures process data through regular monitoring and shares/reviews these data with the integrated plant teams.
3. Supports the SMPO engineers / operators for complex “troubleshooting” activities, to ensure and improve process integrity, and plant reliability. .
4. Mentors and shares process knowledge with other technologists – so that technologists attain a detailed understanding of the relevant manufacturing process and chemistry.
Qualifications & Experience
Is able to influence the technological performance for the value creation of the business.
1. Educational background: Have thorough chemical engineering / process technology knowledge at an academic level, achieved either by formal education, or by extensive on-the-job-learning and training. This includes mathematics, thermodynamics, (organic) chemistry, heat and mass transfer (heat transfer equipment), reaction engineering, separation technology, fluid dynamics and materials of construction.
2. Work experience: Has thorough knowledge of one process area (SMPO plant preferred) in CSPC.
3. Language proficiency: English level CET>6 or equivalent.
4. PC skills: IT literate, Proficient in Excel. Basic knowledge of flow sheeting (Aspen+, Pro2Col) and ODS.
Estimated on board before 31 July 2017.