We are looking for an applicant who will become an active member of the Process Control team. The candidate will support safe, reliable and low cost operations of the plant(s) by defining and implementing process control and safeguarding logics improvements/Base layer/ APC controllers’ performance and potential ODS/OTS/AAM/Exapilot. Initial placement will depend on the experience and capabilities of the applicant.
1. Has thorough process control technology knowledge at an academic level, achieved either by formal education, or by extensive on-the-job-learning and training. This includes computer programming and fundamental chemical process knowledge;
2. Process experience in LOP or SMPO/EOEG etc, knowledge of instrumentation, and the Yokogawa Centum system/Triconex would be an advantage.
3. Creativity, good communication skills and service provision mentality;
4. Actively play a key role in team work including operation, maintenance and engineering service, in particular FAT and SAT, troubleshooting, etc.
1. Contribute to the continuous improvement of plant performance, operational safety and reliability by providing first-line support, design, implementation and trouble shooting for:
• Improve base layer (regulatory) controllers’ performance;
• Monitor and follow-up controllers on manual every week, give simple comments for abnormal controllers;
• Update bad actor history logs with investigation findings and actions every week;
• Raise, implement, and properly document MOCs timely and in line with procedures. This includes MOC implemented with authorization and As Built documents(PCN/IPF-RS) updated within specific months of taking in service;
• Be able to review, design, challenge and optimization of complex control schemes/complicated IPF-RS flow chart (integrated FG control and safeguarding, furnace mass balance control; various steam pressure control; integrated anti-surge and capacity control; BMS of fire box, compressor safeguarding etc);
• Provide process control support to the asset in trouble-shooting (including plant dynamics), plant change (MOC), start-up, commissioning, and project activities etc;
• Carry out process control and safeguarding training (operators etc) as requested;
2. Become the main (or assistant) ODS/OTS administrator, who will be in charge of those system and response all application demands in order to provide good quality data/performance for end users;
3. Potentially take role as OTS/AAM administrator and provide effective tool and support for end users;
4. In terms of control aspect, present training to operation before plant commission or MOC service.
5. Provide contribution input in troubleshooting, and baselayer , complex control and anti-surge/dynamic simulation of compressor revamp
6. Before or during commissioning and start-up, participate to the development and implementation of:
a. Lead DCS/IPS factory function test (FAT) in terms of control/safeguarding functional aspects;
b. Lead DCS/IPS Site Acceptance Test (SAT) in functional scope.
c. set up principle to create controllers’ performance monitoring tool.
Qualifications & Experience
1. Educational background: Minimum Bachelor from a University in Control or Chemical Engineering or related subject.
2. Work experience:
• Minimum 3 years exposure to process (or control) technology in the petrochemical or related industry, preferably including understanding of liquid (LOP/SMPO/EOEG/UT)/polymers process, DCS/IPS configuration.
• Preference for candidates with fundamental process knowledge (process principle and parameters, knowledge of control loops, complex safe guarding etc);
3. Guided by senior or Shell experts to develop and implement Robust Quality Estimators / Advanced Process Control (APC) proposals for various process units (LOP/SMPO/EOEG Polymers) and utilities (steam and power generation)
4. PC skills: IT literate, with at least one computer language to program (VB, or C ) in computer applications.
5. Language proficiency: English level CET>6 or equivalent.
Estimated on board before 31st July 2017.