Serves as direct line support of application maintenance and support for Shared Services.
CNOOC and Shell Petrochemicals Company (CSPC) Limited has been established as a Chinese Foreign Equity Joint Venture Company on 28 December 2000. It has built and now operates a USD4.1 billion world-scale petrochemicals complex in Daya Bay, Huizhou, Guangdong. It is one of the largest capital investments for a Sino-foreign joint venture project to date in the People’s Republic of China. In 2016 agreement was reached between the partners to expand CSPC more than doubling the production capacity with the addition of a 1.2 Million Ton/Year Ethylene per year creating an additional 4.0 Million Tons/Year of petrochemical products (C2).
The partners are Shell Nanhai B.V., a member of the Royal Dutch Shell, with a 50 per cent stake, and CNOOC Petrochemicals Investment Company Limited (CPIL), also with 50 per cent. CPIL is owned by China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) (90%) and Guangdong Guangye Investment Group Company Limited (10%).
The CSPC petrochemicals complex incorporates the world’s most advanced technologies and utilizes modern management systems and international standards in the design, construction and operation of the complex. Its adoption of 13 patents through international bidding ensures it operates on the cutting edge of technology. The majority of its process units are world-scale. Additionally CSPC applies the principles of sustainable development throughout the design, construction and operation of the complex, demonstrating its strong commitment to the community and the environment.
1. Responsible for operation support to end user for the Plant Application and Engineering applications or any other applications as assigned. Plant applications include Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), operation excellence applications (ETAP, HAZOP, etc.), engineering applications (Intools, Smart Plant, PDS 3D, etc.), e-business applications (workflow, e-banking, e-procurement, etc.), content management applications (EDMS, Filenet, etc.), HSE applications (Impact Safety, etc.), web applications and etc.
2. Responsible for necessary system maintenance and regular house-keeping to ensure the good reliability and availability of assigned Plant Application service.
3. Engage with the business to understand the requirements, identify the scope and specification and provide technical solution with development/implementation plan to achieve expectation.
4. Maintain Oracle databases and organize the performance tuning and architecture enhancement if necessary.
5. Oversee and work with service providers as required.
6. Participate in application project implementation.
7. Sensitive with latest information technology trends and take initiative to translate fit-for-purpose solution into business benefit.
Qualifications & Experience
1. Education background
• Candidate should be a graduate with a degree, preferably in an Information Technology or Information Management discipline.
2. Working experience
• Above 2 - 3 years of experience in .Net, C++ development throughout a full system development life cycle.
• Above 2 - 3 years of experience working in the system support area preferably on plant application or engineering systems would be an advantage.
• Above 2 - 3 years of experience SharePoint and Oracle/SQL database management would be an advantage.
• Experience with support of interface or integration tools or software would be an advantage.
3. Language proficiency:
• Effective communication skills – fluent in both spoken and written English.
The candidates should have following attributes:
• Strong customer focus. Dedication to meet the customer’s requirements and expectations, taking ownership of problems and respond in a proactive manner where appropriate.
• Ability to work under pressure with good problem solving skill. Ability to handle concurrent tasks with appropriate priority.
• Excellent team player and self-motivating.
• Good analytical skill and able to organise and plan activities independently.
• Eagerness to learn pro-actively.
• Effective communicator with good interpersonal skills
• Be a professional, maintaining high standards and discipline in all work aspects
Estimated on-boarding date: Jul 31th,2017